Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day #9-Seamstress' in Training..


**I missed yesterday...I worked the night before and had to go in that night. I barely got any sleep...so I wasn't able to snap anything and post it.**

Alison and Holly are always in awe when I whip out my sewing machine (though I haven't done it in a long time). So, today while picking up some things at Target, I came across their clearance section. Hello Kitty sewing machine was on clearance, got it for half price!! The girls were WAY too excited! I am just teaching them straight stitch right now on scrap fabric, after some practice we will go on to actually making something simple. Then, we will see how much patience I have...LOL!!

Here is their new toy :) Ironically, Abby our kitty was in the background---HELLO KITTY! HA HA*
Well, I am off to check out everyone's post today!!

Take care and Happy Snapping :)



8 comments:

Cristal said...

How cool!

Anonymous said...

That's a cool new toy! And how awesome that you are teaching them so early! I wish I knew how to sew!

Laurel Bay Stables said...

How fun for your kids. I just love the moment you captured, fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Hi :) Found it!! Umm..my hubby said I could get a sewing machine after I used his mom's 7 times. Been married 4 and almost a half-ish years and haven't used it once. I made a mean apron in home-ec in 8th grade. Wish I had a machine now so I could finish the ends of my fabric for wedding showcase table. Infact I wished YOU lived closer! Ha! :)))) Great job on the photos...let's keep eachother going :)
Rosie.......:)

Kellie Gray said...

How cool! I remember sewing with my mom as a kid! She/we used to make doll clothes and stuff. I want to learn how to sew again, but I have too many hobbies as it is it seems! Great pic :)

Jaime said...

They will cherish those memories forever. Beautiful. Timeless entry. =)

Lisa B said...

Oh wow! I need to get to Target. Nora and Harry would love this! I don't have time to sew, and only have very basic skills. But my mom does cool projects with them all the time, and they both love to sew with Grandma.

I love these little "bits and pieces of life" blog entries.

Chevy said...

Ohhh fun! I should go see if they have a Hello Kitty one on sale here.. for me! lol I have no clue what I would make.. but I would have fun. ;0)
Looks like the girls are going to have a blast making little projects.