Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day #12-Movement (experimenting).

I work tonight, so my post is early.

I have been wanting to practice with slow shutter speeds to portray movement through blur. I didnt' really have a rhyme and reason and the light was so working against me (one of the rare days when you wish you didn't have all that light!). I was just playing around with Alison and Holly dancing in the living room. This is my first time doing this so I want to keep practicing and I can't wait for the chance to actually utilize this type of photography in a different setting!! I have used it for fireworks and have done it driving in the car but want to do something REALLY COOL with it!! Oh and having a tripod would help too, except...I cant' find it! BOO!

Here is Alison..I tried to get her to dance, pause and then dance again, pause, etc...but you can't tell a crazy child to sit still...LOL!! I need more time to practice with different shutter speeds. So, this is my sad sad attempt for today...LOL!! I know, you can all laugh...I am just putting my experimentation out here!! If anyone has any tips...please feel free to drop them by!! Thank you!

Hope you are all having a great weekend :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!! way to get out there and experiment!! i have been thinking of trying this exact same thing with running water. we live right by the river (for three more weeks :(( and I want to try and get it so that the river running is "smooth and silky" - way to inspire me to get out there and just try it already!!! :)))
Rosie........:)

Cristal said...

Pretty cool! I need to practice more with this, too. :)

Kellie Gray said...

Cool :) Always thought this was a neat idea!

Sarah said...

Isn't experimenting fun? I need to try something like this.