Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mr. Seahorse!

We read this book before bed tonight and for some reason, it got me thinking a little bit more. The book, titled "Mr. Seahorse" by Eric Carle, tells a story about a seahorse (Mr. Seahorse) and other (MALE) sea creatures he meets along his journey in the sea, who take care and carry the eggs around until they hatch.

Would I want to trade places with my hubby? Would I like to be the one who lays the eggs and have him carry the babies around until they "hatched". Despite all the pain and uncomfortable times I had during pregnancy, the experiences are ones that I am not sure I could trade up. Would you trade?

The book is really cute and Alison always asks why the Daddy's carry the babies...LOL. But the book teaches the kids other lessons along the way.

*I have missed so many days, I am such a slacker!*

4 comments:

Niecey said...

yeah I've been missing your daily photos. I need my daily fix.

I wouldn't trade the experience of giving life to my babies for the world. Part of the package is the complaining and the aches and pains etc, I kind of like having a chance to complain and feel sorry for myself and get sympathy for 9 months if I'm completely honest. I'd be sooo jealous if it was DH getting all that papmering.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have traded being pregnant and giving birth for anything. It was easily the most amazing experience of my life...ALL of it :)

Justine Miller Photography said...

ny daughter loves this book.. and no I would NEVER trade my expereinces for anything.. they are fleeting moments that I only wish I could hold onto longer.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.. I have to go find this book, I can tell by the picture alone that I would like it.. ummm, Brodie too. lol
I wouldn't trade my pregnancies for anything. At the time.. it sounded so nice to be able to pass it along to Rob for a day or two.. just so that I could sleep without back/leg/crotch pain.. lol But all in all.. I loved it too much.